<8/27(Tue) 11:00> Special seminar by Dr. Sang Hyun Lee (SKKU)
Dr. Sang Hyun Lee (SKKU) will give a special seminar.
We would like to invite physics students to attend the seminar.
1. Date and time : 2013/08/27(Tue) 11:00
2. Place : 31355 Department of Physics seminar room, Natural science 1
3. Invited speaker : Dr. Sang Hyun Lee (SKKU)
4. Title : “Site dilution in S=3/2 honeycomb lattice for Li2Mn1-xTixO3”
5. Abstract : The various magnetic ground states are expected on honeycomb lattice if it has up to 3rd next nearest interactionJ3. Li2MnO3 has S=3/2 two-dimensional honeycomb lattice with the broad maximum of magnetic susceptibility TM=48 K and the antiferromagnetic ordering TN=36 K. About 35 % of magnetic entropy is released above TN. Powder and single crystal neutron diffraction reveals new magnetic structure Γ2uthat spins orders antiferromagnetically with neighboring spins on honeycomb lattice. Magnetic Manganesearerandomly substituted by nonmagnetic Titanium. Then Li2Mn1-xTixO3 will be good example of S=3/2 site dilution in honeycomb lattice. Antiferromagnetic ordering is disappeared near percolation threshold pc~0.3 which is theoretical expectation of J1-J2-J3 on honeycomb lattice.